EMPLOYER NAME & ADDRESS: Festival Management Committee
19 Waterman Avenue, East York,
Ontario M4B 1Y2
JOB TITLE: Parade Operations, Manager.
NOC CLASSIFICATION 0512 Managers – Performing Arts
JOB DUTIES: The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, planning, execution and overall management of the Toronto Caribbean Carnival Grand Parade and Junior Carnival Parade and all related activities.
This is a multi-dimensional position which requires an individual who is a self-starter, with strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to relate to the many different entities involved in the planning and execution of the Toronto Caribbean Carnival.
The successful candidate will the required to conduct the following:
- Liaise with the Stakeholder bodies in the planning and execution of both Junior and Senior Parades.
- Preparation of detailed plans for the staging the event.
- Preparation of the Rules and Regulations for the Parades.
- Oversees the preparation of all Permits and licenses.
- Prepare and conduct all presentations to the City of Toronto Management, TPS (Toronto Police Service), EMS (Emergency Management Services) Toronto Fire Services, TTC (Toronto Transport Corporation) Parks Management and Security companies.
- Directs the overall planning and logistics of the Parade Route.
- Oversees the implementation of the Infrastructure for the Parade.
- Development of the Security Plan for the Parade.
- Directs the overall execution of the Grand Parade including assembly of all bands, parade flow, route management, band marshalling, stage management, and dispersal of all bands.
- Liaise with the Market Place management for setup and layout of Vendors.
- Oversee the deployment of all Volunteers.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- University or college-level degree in Arts or Sciences
- Not less than 10 years’ experience in the management of Carnival related Mas Costume Band activities.
- Not less than 10 years’ experience in the management of large costumes and floats.
- Not less than 10 years’ experience in the choreography, design and presentation of Costumes and Carnival Arts.
- Not less than 5 years’ experience managing Carnival related Mas stakeholders and Performers.
- Not less than 5 years’ experience in designing, writing, administering and interpreting the rules and regulations for Carnival-related showcases and competitions.
- Not less than 5 years’ experience in security management.
- Not less than 5 years’ experience in crowd control and management of large-scale public events
- Not less than 5 years’ experience in Parade Management.
- Demonstrated experience and in-depth knowledge of Mas camp development and management.
- In-depth knowledge, experience and understanding of Caribbean history, traditions and culture.
- Self-starter, flexible, energetic and motivated.
- Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, or other similar software package.
- Strong Oral and written communication skills, demonstrating customer service orientation;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to work long hours under pressure with conflicting priorities.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion in all matters;
- Ability to work co-operatively with other staff to accomplish team and organizational objectives.
- MUST HAVE LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IN CANADA
REPORTING TO: The Chief of Operations
SALARY: $38.46 per hour based on a 40 hour work week
BENEFITS: Travel Allowance up to a maximum of $6000.00 per year, Telephone Allowance up to a maximum of $120 per month. Paid vacation or 10 business days per year
TYPE OF POSITION: Full-time, permanent position (2 year contract)
JOB SITE ADDRESS: 19 Waterman Avenue, East York, Ontario M4B 1Y2
HOW TO APPLY: Resumes MUST be submitted be email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the e-mail subject line “Parade Operations Manager”